Thursday, June 17, 2010

Vision Therapy

Today was another day of vision therapy for 2 of my kids. Next week is set for a goal to be the last week. We will be working hard this week to make that happen! My daughter is pretty much caught up on vision and has been hitting fine motor skills hard. She is still behind age level, but progressing nicely. My son is still working to get his vision skills up to par. He has problems with adjusting from near to far and visa versa. He has improved a lot since we first started. It's been a long day, with therapy being a 45 minute drive! I'm ready for some rest...:)
Later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I stubmled ont your blog today and wanted to say hi. Vision therapy is a great for SPD kiddos -- mine even got glasses to help him focus his eyes together. Big difference in his reading!

    Thanks for sharing your journey,
    Hartley
    Author of This is Gabriel Making Sense of School
    www.hartleysboys.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement. My son was given glasses like that, but I have encountered different opinions about them depending on which OT we talk to. My son says they don't help him, so I am not sure if we should start using them again. It's just so hard to find info out there about this kind of thing.
    Thanks again,
    Myra

    ReplyDelete