Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sensory Breakfast!

Ok, so I know all about sensory diets and how effective they can be to help a sensory kid make it through the day. However, implementing one has been a bit confusing to me. So far, all I have been able to do is to incorporate lots of sensory activities into our day randomly or when we have already reached sensory overload. Obviously, this is not working. My new plan is to start each day with a sensory breakfast, followed by a few short therapy breaks through the day (vision therapy, motor skills). We have taken a break from our sensory OT the past few months to do vision therapy with another OT. I think I will email our sensory OT and ask her for her input. I know there are different types of activities, (calming, alerting), I guess I am just afraid to do them in the wrong order or something and make things worse! Also, I have 2 kids with SPD, so I am wanting to make sure that each kid gets the right sensory diet. I will post on here as soon as I have planned the menu! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment