Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Listening Therapy

Tuesday we finally got our Therapuetic Listening gear! Yay! My son didn't like it at all, and has argued with me everytime he wears it. I listened to it myself for a few minutes and it is not just regular music. It does something funny to your ears...nearly gave me a headache. I really can't describe it. Our OT said we could use it on my youngest as well and it might help her speech. She did it yesterday, but not today...I will start her in a couple of days, after I get my son to be more cooperative with it. This could last as long as 6 months. We do it 2 times a day, for 30 minutes each time. The sessions have to be at least 3 hours from the end of one to the beginning of another, and you have to finish your last session at least one hour before you go to bed. Thankfully, we are homeschooling now, so it will be much easier to schedule these sessions. I will keep track of the kids' progress and any changes that I might notice. Today my son told me he loved me out of the blue and my oldest brought me in a flower from outside! I have the best kids in the world! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment