Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Homeschooling and work boxes

Ok, so I did some googling about work boxes and loved the idea of getting more organized! We need that! However, I don't have the room for all of the boxes for 3 kids! So, this is what I came up with. Each child has 5 manilla file folders labeled with their name and each day of the week. Each day they get out that day's file folder ( I have them all stored in a little wire rack that might really be a shoe rack or something) and read their assignment sheet that I have placed in each day's folder. Any worksheets or papers needed for that day's work is in the folder, and anything too big for the folder goes on the rack under the folders. They check off the work for the day and put the completed folder in a seperate file folder holder. I put the folders and assignment sheets together on the weekend so I don't spend time each day printing and copying assignments. I have a seperate file folder and assignment sheet for myself for any unit studies that we are doing, and anything we do as a group (such as bible time and craft time, sign lang., field trips, cooking, etc.) So far, this week, we have gotten more done that ever before and the kids loved having time to do a really cute fall craft! We took acorns and made miniature pumpkins out of them! So cute! I am loving this system so far! Hopefully, it continues to be a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment